The information on this page is for BSGA national and regional committee members only.
Within BSGA we use Microsoft Teams to communicate, share documents and hold meetings.
Teams is a great collaboration tool, but at present it does have one notable limitation: you can only have one ‘business’ account on the desktop app at a time.
This means that if (as many BSGA people do) you have a school Teams account set up, you would have to continually log out and log in as different accounts. This is tedious and annoying.
However, there is a solution to this if you are on a Windows 10 computer, by using the default Microsoft Edge browser.
Please follow these instructions to set up BSGA Teams as a ‘Web app’.
- Run the ‘Edge’ browser and navigate to https://teams.microsoft.com.
- When it advises you to use the Desktop App, just click the link below the button to ‘Use the Web instead’.
(if you don’t have an existing account, you can of course just use the App as recommended)
- Important: During login, it may ask whether you want it to manage your device, uncheck that box before proceeding. (I’ve told it not to ask but it keeps trying!)
- Logon using your BSGA email address and password. (These were all sent out last year, but may have expired. Email Chris for a new password)
- Once you have logged in, click on the ‘3 dots’ menu in the browser, pick ‘Apps’ and then ‘Install this site as an App’. Give it a name like ‘Teams BSGA’.
The BSGA ‘web app’ will appear as a new tile in your Windows 10 Start Menu.
This then lets you run the main teams app with your school account and the web-app copy with the BSGA one.
The account switches automatically between the two – you can even run them both at the same time.